Black Canyon Heritage Park (BCHP) provides visitors with a variety of experiences to arouse curiosity and to instill a sense of discovery and stewardship for the area's outstanding cultural, historical, recreational, and environmental riches.
Volunteers Needed. Sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4aaea72ca2fb6-public
Black Canyon Heritage Park (BCHP) and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Agua Fria
National Monument (AFNM) are hosting a National Public Lands Day at the Park.
- Check in at 8 AM followed by short safety briefing. Youth age 17 or younger must be accompanied by
a parent or guardian.
- Tools will be provided except weed trimmers. If you have a cordless weed trimmer that can be
used, please bring it. You may also bring your own hand tools if you prefer.
- Bring your own work gloves. Dress for outdoor work (sturdy shoes and, as needed, sunscreen,
- Desert Botanical Garden will provide butterfly friendly plants with butterfly experts to help plant them.
- BLM will support our volunteers with T-shirts, labor and expertise.
- BCHP will provide water.