Black Canyon Heritage Park (BCHP) and Bureau of Land Management-Agua Fria National Monument (BLM-AFNM) (AFNM) hosted this event Saturday, October 5, 2019 at the park. Desert Botanical Garden and BLM-AFNM provided butterfly friendly plants with experts to help plant them. BLM supported our volunteers with T-shirts, snacks, and expertise while BCHP provided water and lunch.
Volunteer tasks included:
- Planting of various types and sizes of plants donated by the Desert Botanical Garden (DBG) and BLM – AFNM.
- Removal of unwanted plant and invasive plants (such as buffelgrass).
- Removal of brush litter from various parts of the park.
- Clearing the accessible trail of bushes and branches extending into the trail area.
- Weed whacking near the pond to make room for new plants