Volunteers joined us at Black Canyon Heritage Park (BCHP) are Earth Day - Work Day on Saturday, April 17, 2021. Desert Botanical Garden provided butterfly friendly plants for our Monarch Waystation. We had tools, water, and snacks; volunteers came with lots of enthusiasm, some tools, and expertise.
Volunteer tasks included:
- Planting of various types and sizes of plants donated by the Desert Botanical Garden (DBG)
- Removal of unwanted plant and invasive plants (mainly stinknet).
- Removal of brush litter from various parts of the park.
- Clearing the accessible trail of bushes and branches extending into the trail area.
- Weed whacking near the pond.
At the end of the work period, the park looks so much better and the trails were completely cleared.