Black Canyon Heritage Park (BCHP) provides visitors with a variety of experiences to arouse curiosity and to instill a sense of discovery and stewardship for the area's outstanding cultural, historical, recreational, and environmental riches.
We invite you to our annual events at the Black Canyon Heritage Park (33955 S. Old Black Canyon Highway, Black Canyon City, Arizona). Enjoy and learn more about our community and regional cultural, historical, recreational, and environmental stewardship. 2017-2018 Winter Events Flyer
Thanks to our 2017-2018 Winter Events Sponsors
- Karen Fann, AZ Senator District 1
- Will Wing, Infinity: Land Surveying LLC
- Jon Talbot, Author
- Noel Campbell, AZ Representative District 1
- David Stringer, AZ Representative District 1
- REI, Recreational Equipment, Inc.
You could be a sponsor too!! Details at http://www.blackcanyonheritagepark.org/images/BCHP/Winter_Events/2018-Winter-events-SPONSOR-request-letter--2017-7-25.pdf
2nd Annual Cañon AZ History BookFest Photos - CLICK HERE.
Next BookFest will be Saturday, December 1, 2018.
2nd Annual WinterFest at Heritage Park - Saturday, January 27, 2018 (10:00 AM to 2:00 PM). This event offers curious participants of all ages and physical abilities a variety of discovery experiences to instill respect, responsibility, and stewardship for the surrounding area’s outstanding cultural, historical, recreational, and environmental offerings. We will have a combination of food, crafts, informational booths, and activities that will appeal to people of all backgrounds and ages.
- Bureau of Land Management - Agua Fria National Monument
- US Forest Service - Tonto National Forest - Cave Creek Ranger District with Smokey the Bear
- Friends of Agua Fria National Monument
- Desert Foothills Land Trust
- Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary
- Desert Awareness Committee
- Audubon Arizona
- Sierra Club - Saguaro Group of the Grand Canyon Chapter
- Arizona State Parks - passing out FREE state parks passes
- Black Canyon City Community Library
- Kiwanis Club of New River
- Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics
- Phoenix Herpetological Society
- Visonary Gardens Apothecary
- Arts / Crafts / Refreshments/ Unique
- Jardinière Bath and Body
- Rickey Huggler and Terri Shelley (crafts)
- Lynn Jerecki (crafts)
- Pat Haden (crafts)
- Arizona Duuude - Black Canyon City Ambassador
- Daisy Mountain Fire Deparment (with truck)
- Nora Jeans Koffee Kitchen
- Kona Ice
Who We Are
Black Canyon Heritage Park provides visitors with a chance to experience nature and culture in a friendly, nurturing environment. The thirty acre Park is located in the heart of Black Canyon City, AZ. It is designed for conservation and restoration. With the Chamber of Commerce located in the Welcome Center, it is also the Gateway to many fun, educational, recreational and historical areas of the region.
The Friends of the Agua Fria National Monument have an office and role at the Park to introduce you to the Monument and all of its discoveries. These discoveries include a rich biological, cultural, and history of the early Arizonans and Native Americans to the area.
The park is also home to Black Canyon City's own Historical Society housed in the Historic 1926 Schoolhouse and Museum.
Efforts at the Park involve removing invasive species from the Agua Fria River Corridor and restoring riparian habitat for a variety of wildlife species. Whether it's going back into history, biking, hiking, vacationing, learning about areas riparian ecosystem, or just taking a break from the road, Heritage Park can help you learn more about our area and guide you to your next destination.