- Restore desert riparian areas and wildlife habitats.
- Educate visitors about our area's historical, cultural, recreational, & natural resources.
- Create native fish habitat and watchable wildlife opportunities (particularly birds and butterflies).
- Increase awareness about natural resource agencies and partners.
- Maintain native flora and fauna.
- Promote water and energy conservation.
- Provide interpretive trails, Museum, Visitor Center, and picnic area.
- Link visitors to the surrounding public lands (e.g. Agua Fria National Monument and Black Canyon National Recreation Trail).